Recipe: Sauteed Escarole
- 1 head escarole
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup grilled corn (use left overs, or Trader Joe’s sells bags of grilled corn in the freezer section)
- 1 can mandarin oranges
- olive or grape seed oil
- Wash and spin or pat dry escarole. Chop into 1/2 inch chiffonade.
- Roast and peel bell pepper: place on open gas burner with flame on high. When skin blisters and turns black, turn. Continue to turn over the flame until all black then immediately place in bowl covered with plastic wrap. Wait 5 minutes while steam loosens skin. Then peel with hands or rub a paper towel over it. Slice the roasted bell pepper in thin 1/4″ slices.
- Heat grape seed oil in saute pan on medium high. Add escarole, stir until escarole starts to wilt. Cover and simmer to let steam slowly cook escarole until just al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, grilled corn, and mandarin oranges and cook until just heated through. Season with salt and a little white pepper to taste.
Copyright © TamaraEsq 2011.