Recipe: Alfredo Sauce
Summary: Simple Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Herbs: basil, parsley, chervil, whatever is on hand
- Cheese: parmesan, romano, pecorino, whatever is on hand
- Salt, nutmeg, white pepper to taste
- In sauce pan add cream and butter and bring to boil. Stir so butter incorporates. Cream will puff up so do not let it boil over.
- Simmer until reduced by half. Season to taste.
- Before serving add cheese and stir until melted. Toss in pasta until pasta is coated. Plate and top with freshly chopped herbs.