Braised Short Ribs with Parsnip Puree, original post here.
- 1/2 pound parsnip, peeled (smaller parsnip work best)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme if desired
- Simmer parsnips in salted water until fork tender, about 15 minutes
- Heat cream, butter and thyme in saucepan and bring to simmer.
- Drain parsnips, reserving some of the cooking liquid.
- Place cream mixture and parsnips in blender and puree. If too thick, thin with some of the cooking liquid. Do not over puree.
- Season to taste.