- 1 large piece of sashimi grade ahi tuna
- Spicy chili sesame oil (find it at your local asian market, short bottle with a yellow top), or plain sesame oil for non-spicy poke
- Sesame seeds
- Nori (dried seaweed), 2 snack size sheets
- Scallions- 2, finely chopped, whites and green parts
- 1/2 avocado
- Finely dice tuna, discarding tough white veiny parts.
- Toast sesame seeds by heating them in a dry pan until they brown slightly and become fragrant, cool.
- Add scallions to the tuna. Stir in chili oil to taste, add salt to taste.
- Add sesame seeds, chopped seaweed flakes, and diced avocado just before serving.