- 2 cups cleaned and finely diced wild mushrooms (I use a combination of crimini, oyster, porcini, shiitake without stems)
- 2 cups cleaned and finely diced button mushrooms
- 1/2 finely diced onion
- 1 qt vegetable stock
- 1/2 – 1 cup heavy creme (or half & half if you prefer)
- salt and white pepper to taste
- For garnish: Creme fraiche, croutons, and/or sliced truffles if desired
- Cook onion in olive oil until soft. Add mushrooms and saute until the mushrooms give off their liquids, about 10 minutes.
- Add stock, salt, white pepper to taste. Cook 10-20 minutes.
- If prefer a creamier soup, use stick blender to blend mushrooms, no need to strain.
- Add cream just before serving, adding more salt if needed.
- Serve with dollop of creme fraiche, a few croutons, and a couple of slices of truffles, if desired.