- 1/4 to 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 head of red cabbage
- 2-4 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 T sugar
- 1 t mustard seeds
- salt/pepper to taste ( I prefer white pepper for this recipe)
- Dice onion. Remove core from red cabbage and slice thinly.
- Saute onion in olive oil for 2 minutes, add red cabbage, stir frequently.
- When cabbage starts to soften, after about 5 minutes, add cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and white pepper.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, add mustard seeds. Cook until soft.
Sauteed Red Cabbage